Today was a great day because we did the new common core math and the students had to finish my story problems I gave them without using the common algorithm. They could draw a picture or make a chart - whatever worked for them. As they were working I walked around and picked a few to come show us what they did. They all wanted to share and it was fun! Then at the end of the day they all brought things to make their bridges. I saw some artistic bridges. The day before I gave a little history on bridges in a center so I did it three times. I thought who care about bridges and the history. But today I recognized some of the bridges I showed them and asked who used some of the information they learned to make their bridge and several raised their hands. It made me feel good.
No comments:
Post a Comment